7.05.2011

One of my favorite spaces in Atlanta...

I attended SCAD so any chance that I get to plug the best design school in the country (sorry, that's all of the gloating that I will do today!), I do it! The school has an incredible knack for Historic Preservation projects. A favorite spot of mine in ATL is the Savannah College of Art and Designs' Ivy Hall (Ivy Hall). I was fortunate enough to be invited to the opening and got to see all of the amazing renovations before anyone else.

I should mention that I typically only talk about the interior of buildings, but I included the brick image to showcase the fact that every single brick was labeled individually before they were disassembled and put back together in the exact original location. Seriously, incredible.

Take a look at a few of the images that I pulled off their site...


The home was built in 1883. The 4,399 square-foot, two-and-one-half story residence is one of the finest examples of Queen Anne-style architecture in the state of Georgia and the South.


SCAD students enrolled in the Historic Preservation program volunteered on this project which took nearly 2 years to completely restore.

No comments:

Post a Comment