7.04.2011

Starting Over...

I have been a commercial interior designer for over 5 years. All of my experience has focused on hotel projects, retail, and corporate design. I have wanted to become an interior designer since as long as I can remember. This led me to attend SCAD (http://www.scad.edu/) where I graduated with a degree in Interior Design and later received my NCIDQ certification (after a painful amount of studying!). This year, I decided to quit my job at a top architecture firm and begin working on my true passion of designing for people, not corporations, while spending time with my husband (Reese) and raising my little boy (Baby G). Out of this, I have created Chelsea Dunbar Interiors. We are a full-service interior design company creating new looks for single-family residences, high rise condos, and small commercial projects. My goal over time is to document what I learn and how I grow as a business owner. I feel the need to exchange my knowledge and passion for design with other designers and design lovers.

There are a few things that make me, who I am. Over the next few days I will try to give you a better sense of my style by creating some design poetry boards that are the definition of the people/places/things that I absoloutely love...but first I will show you some of my recent inspiration boards created for clients.


Master Bedroom Re-vamp in a 1920's Bungalow. This house was on the verge of falling over when we got to it. My favorite design item in the bedroom is the Barbara Barry Bedding Barbara Barry Bedding Poetical. Very pretty, but not too feminine for the husband! The drapes are Restoration Hardware...which I still say is the best quality drapes for the money. I highly recommend the Restoration Hardware Outlet just outside of Atlanta. Their drapes are about 70% off the original price and in perfect condition. Who doesn't love that!?
 
Mid-Century Modern Inspiration Board for a Buckhead High-Rise...super cool (she chose option 2). Mid-Century takes a bit of a unique client. I think she was looking for something a bit more feminine. I love the look nonetheless....

Option 2 for the Buckhead High-Rise....A bit of a French theme, which can get a bit cliche but the client loved Paris-who wouldn't? She especially LOVED this kitchen image. I love the Paris prints from Ethan Allen! Very affordable compared to some other options that I have seen at $299 per print Ethan Allen Paris Grid.

Happy 4th to all....hearing fireworks as I type!
XX,
Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment