7.07.2011

Recently Completed Project

I thought I would send a few images of a recently completed project! I worked on this project with a good friend and fellow designer-Melissa Morgan. It took about a year, with a lot of stops and starts in between. Check out the initial proposed floorplan and some final photography (taken by my dear friend Carrie Gantt who actually specializes in Infant/Child Photography Carrie Gantt--I am sure you will be seeing a lot of her work on my site, she is ultra-talented).

For my fellow designers out there, the drawing was produced in Microstation and the rendering was done in Photoshop

Before....

This was how it looked when it was completed. The only thing that we are missing are the gorgeous custom drapes that weren't installed quite yet when this image was taken.


Before...

We took their existing dining table and chairs and had them painted and sealed. We placed a rug underneath and added a centerpiece...Ta-da! Much improved, for not a lot of cost!


I absolutely LOVE their dining room. This dining table and 4 chairs belonged to the clients' grandmother. It was a stunning collection of furniture! We knew that it had to be used in the space. We dressed it up with some fabulous Restoration Hardware Chairs and recovered the old chairs with a blue/grey paisley fabric. Everything else is completely new from the Ballard Mirror and Rug to the centerpiece from ZGallery. I will tell you a secret...6 items in this room came from Walmart! I am typically not a design on a dime kind of gal, but I am all about adding some value with some inexpensive pieces!


Note the drawing above! The library/piano room was a completely blank canvas. Our client had a ton of books and really wanted a reading room that was feminine and felt cozy. I drew up this custom millwork and our contractor built it out for us. We had it lightly faux finished with an antique glaze by our painter http://www.mdcinteriors.com/. I think we achieved the "cozy" look that we were going for.
That's all for today!!
XX Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment